Limpopo Economic Development Agency (LEDA) was established as a special purpose vehicle, with the mandate to accelerate economic growth, development and job creation in the province through: industrialisation; promotion and facilitation of trade, investment and finance; creation and support of sustainable enterprises; and continual innovation.
LEDA seeks to appoint a Chief Executive Officer to provide strategic thought leadership and to direct the development of short and long-term strategic objectives for the organisation. Accountable to the Board for the sustainable viability, growth and transformation of the organisation, the CEO’s mandate is to position the organisation to drive economic development throughout the province.
The CEO’s core responsibilities will include, amongst others:
- Leading and overseeing the implementation of LEDA’s strategic mandate
- Managing and overseeing projects and programmes aligned with the LEDA strategy
- Optimisation of resource utilisation
- Forging and maintaining strategic partnerships
- Fostering a high performance culture
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant field
- More than 10 years relevant experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in an appropriate executive role
- Strategic and business mind-set, and strong ability to translate strategic thinking into compelling business actions
- Knowledge and experience in: economic development, finance and strategy, planning and evaluation, forecasting, budgeting and financial management
- Track record of effective and influential leadership, and proven ability to engage and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of government priorities, legislation and corporate governance
The position will be based at the LEDA head office in Lebowakgomo, Polokwane
Commensurate with incumbent’s level of experience.
LEDA is committed to employment equity and, to this end, preference will be given to individuals who would add diversity to the organisation. Suitably qualified and experienced South African citizens are invited to apply.
Applications can be sent to email@example.com
Contact person: Siviwe Shongwe
The closing date for applications is 15 July 2020