Corridor Mining Resources is a diversified mining resources company, wholly owned by the Limpopo Economic Development Agency (LEDA). CMR boast a diverse commodity portfolio which includes but not limited to PGM’s, Chrome, Gold, Magnetite and Bentonite. CMR’s mandate is to promote economic development directly or indirectly through:
- Mining by optimizing the development of mineral resources, driving economic growth,
- Creating job opportunities and promoting sustainable empowerment in mining.
In response to a call by the parent company (LEDA) to stimulate diversification of industrial base and creation of jobs, CMR has adopted an industrial diversification strategy which will see it not only focusing on ore extraction and treatment of minerals, but also actively involved in side-stream and down-stream beneficiation opportunities with potential to deliver maximum value to the people of Limpopo.
CMR’s key stakeholders are Limpopo Economic Development Agency as a shareholder, communities affected by its projects, broad based black economic empowerment partners, strategic partners (technical and financial backers), Limpopo Economic Development, Environment and Tourism (LEDET), the Department of Mineral Resources, service providers and employees. Throughout its business engagements, CMR’s approach is underpinned by:
- A special focus on empowering local communities;
- Facilitating participation of BEE companies, thereby, driving value for all stakeholders involved;
- Promotion of environmental and economic sustainability of local communities beyond the finite life of mine operations;
Head Office, 23 Rabe Street, Polokwane, Limpopo, South Africa Tel: +27 (0)15 291 2695